Friday 25 April 2014

Cauliflower Pizza - Healthy, delicious, and the kids LOVED it.

Tonight for dinner we tried a Cauliflower pizza crust, and it was awesome. In our house we eat a lot of cauliflower but Carter does not like to eat it without dip... He does however love pizza, so I figured I at least had a 50% fighting chance of this meal being a success.

The recipe is basic and easy
Ingredients
1 large head of Cauliflower
1 1/2 cup of cheese (I used cheddar) 
1 egg (you can add in another one if you want, but 1 is good enough) 
Oregano (your preference on amount) 
Dash of salt & pepper 
Oil to grease pan


Directions 
Preheat oven to 450 degrees 
Using a grater, grate the cauliflower. If you decide to use a food processor make sure it's not pureed. 

Put all grated cauliflower into a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 7 minutes.  
I do not use water as I find the cauliflower retains enough moisture from when it gets washed. 

Once the cauliflower is done in the microwave mix in egg, cheese, and spices.


Grease pan (I use a little bit of coconut oil) 

Spread mixed ingredients in a pan evenly.  I use a 9 inch pie plate but it is just a preference. 

Put in the oven to cook for 12-15 minutes. This is where you will need to watch because there is a fine line between this browning a bit and burning. 

Once out of the oven make your pizza. Be creative- use whatever strikes your fancy. Tonight we used some chicken and cheese, but the possibilities are endless.  My all time favourite - goat cheese, sautéed onions and  cranberries. I know it sounds weird, but it is honestly to die for. 

**I only had cheddar cheese in the house so I had to use that. The pizza was way too greasy. I will stick with a different cheese next time. Also while there was a hint of cauliflower taste is wasn't overpowering. From prep time to on the table this was a 45 minute meal.**






Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10 September 2014 at 17:07 , Blogger Rebecca M said...

Guess what I'm making tonight?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home