Tuesday 30 December 2014

I like it on top. #laundrywoes

When we moved into our house last April it came with a washer and dryer and we knew they were both going to have to be replaced at some point. Fast forward to the week before Christmas when the washer decided to not drain properly and then hold my clothes hostage for hours leaving me with a limited wardrobe to choose from to wear to work. 
This is can be especially annoying to anyone but being pregnant and my belly growing faster than my 4 year old has left me with limited options already.... I must confess I full on bawled! 

Oh I also forgot to mention the week before this we had to replace our leaking hot water tank!!!! (Yes, it's been an expensive month) 

We didn't need to discuss it long to come to the conclusion that both Kris and I hate front loader washing machines for a variety of reasons 

1. They smell. Accidentally close the door and go away for a week #smellslikeass
2. They break down more than top loaders
3. They are more expensive than top loaders
4. When you're tall (not me) you have to bend more to get clothes out and transfer clothes to the dryer #tallpeopleproblems 

So luckily we found a great deal at the same place we found the hot water tank (they know us by name now)  and purchased a nice new washer and dryer. Our first BRAND NEW washer and dryer. Nothing fancy, just the basics and of course a washer that loads on the top. 

Let's hope this trend of replacing major appliances is finished for a while now.. 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home