Thursday 23 April 2015

Finger Jello - a classic recipe from my mom's recipe box!



I recently had the chance to raid my moms recipe box. You know that grey box filled with recipe cards?? There are so many gems in there! 
One of the recipes that I came across was for finger Jello.  It's easy to make and kids love them. 

What you need
3 packages of Jello (or any generic brand) 
4 1/2 teaspoons of Gelatin 
Favorite cookie cutters
Cookie sheet/ cake pan

Directions
Boil water on stove for Jello
Dissolve Gelatin into 1 cup of warm water - put to the side
Empty Jello packet into a bowl
Add 3 cups of boiling water to Jello and mix
Add Gelatin mix to Jello
Pour onto pan and put it into the fridge to set (I left mine in the fridge for 5 hrs)
When the finger Jello is set use your favourite cookie cutters to cut out the Jello or you can cut it into cubes. 
**If you are using cookie cutter you will have the pieces around the cut outs left...we kept ours and mixed them with whipping cream for a fun desert**

I hope that these are as big of a hit for your little ones as they were for mine! 



If you like what you read? Want to stay informed with everything? Why not subscribe to my blog? It only emails you if I post on that day, no random weird emails. I promise #sharethelove #beintheknow #cheers
Enter your email address:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home