Friday 24 April 2015

Parenting in a parking lot - the first stressful 2 to 3 kids moment.


This morning we passed several washrooms to which Carter swore up and down that he absolutely did not have to use the washroom. 

We were driving in the van and Carter shouts 
"I have to go. I have to go now. I am going to pee my pants" 

Normally I can say okay we will be home soon, but the urgency was evident.
I pulled into the first place I could, which was a McDonalds. I parked as close to the door, helped Carter out of the van walked him to the door and he ran to the bathroom. As luck would have it Sophie was also feeling rather feisty today and didn't want to leave the van - and now we have Finley too.. 

I panicked just tad. 

My son has gone to the bathroom in a public place all by himself for the first time. My daughter is having a fit and refuses to leave the van. I can not carry her and the baby. 

I was that mom who was literally in the middle of the parking lot running from the van to the door of McDonalds (where I could see the bathroom door) and back, keeping constant verbal contact with Sophie - who was now watching Garfield.

Me- "Sophie how are you doing, Sophie" 
Sophie- "Good mom"
Me- "How's Finley" 
Sophie- "His eyes are closed" 
Me- "I'm just watching for your brother, k Soph" 
Sophie- "Mmmm Hmmm" 

I am not sure how to prepare for this type of situation for the future but hopefully it doesn't include me running back and forth through a parking lot again. 



If you like what you read? Want to stay informed with everything? Why not subscribe to my blog? It only emails you if I post on that day, no random weird emails. I promise #sharethelove #beintheknow #cheers

Enter your email address:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home