Tuesday 21 January 2014

Come on Christine just try the soup....

I need to start this post off with first saying that I am not a usually a huge fan of dishes with curry. 
I don't own curry.  It scares me. The taste..not for me. And all I can think of is that one scene in Along Came Polly where Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston were out for Indian Food and Ben Stiller was sweating and inevitably in the bathroom.... 


So last week when my office mate offered me soup at lunch I declined because of that one scary ingredient.
After some coaxing I agreed to try a spoon full. And then I fell in love with this soup!
And now I want to share this recipe with you, because I really loved the soup- and no- no reactions like the clip above (Phew) 
So here it is:
Lynn’s Triple C Soup

In a pot add:

4 cups of Chicken Stock
2 cups of water
3 large carrots (chopped)
6 cups of roasted zucchini (You will need to do this before hand)
1 head of ginger- minced into pieces
1/3 of REAL coconut
Directions:
Cook until it can easily be blended and pureed in the pot.
Take off heat and cover pot with lid
Prepare your chicken

In a pan add:
2 chicken breasts cubed into pieces (whatever size you prefer for your soup)
1 whole onion chopped
A little oil 
5 minced garlic cloves

Directions:
Brown the chicken
Sprinkle on 4 table spoons of curry powder (more or less depending on what you want)
Add 1 can of coconut milk in with the chicken.
Simmer until the chicken has taken on all the spices.

Pour chicken mix into the blended soup.
Add half a tub of Greek yogurt (or cream)
2 table spoon of Garam Masala
       
(You can garnish the soup with some of the Greek Yogurt for a more presentable look)

Do you have any recipes you want to share? 
Maybe something mild like this, that has Curry in it? I am feeling a little brave now.. 
Until next time, have a great day!!  
~Christine~

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 29 January 2014 at 22:50 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing I'm not the soup nazis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ3AOmZ2fps

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home