Tuesday 3 March 2015

National Pancake Day @ IHOP & DIY pancake mix! #breakfast #camping2015 #pancakes #IHOP


Today is National Pancake Day for IHOP and that means a FREE short stack of pancakes! All you need to do is go in and order a short stack. All IHOP asks is that you make a donation to the Children's Miracle Network! If you can't make it in for FREE pancakes, check out the DIY pancake mix that I use at home!! 


To make DIY pancake mix, you will need: 
4 cups of flour (I use whole wheat)
3 tablespoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of baking soda 
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar (I use coconut palm sugar) 

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then store in an air tight container or freezer bag. 

To make pancakes you will need these ingredients:

1 cup of pancake mix
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon of butter or oil (I use coconut oil - measured when melted) 

This will yield 4-6 pancakes! 


Try adding these ingredients to your pancakes...

  • A table spoon of flax seed to the mix for more fibre
  • Mashed up banana
  • Shredded dark chocolate (not only yummy but better for you)
  • Blueberries 




~Enjoy~


1 Comments:

At 6 March 2015 at 10:48 , Anonymous Marcus said...

I can't believe I missed Free Pancake Day! Ah well, thanks so much for the pancake mix recipe. It's just what I was looking for.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home